Search This Blog

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Brand equity of Medical Representative

A man of 55-60 years, with osteoporotic bones and other ailments will always look for guys with good job for their unmarried daughter. Well that’s normal. If you add up a grandpa or a grandma, they always will be in hurry for their grand daughter's marriage for obvious reasons.
And then you have their beloved mom, who will definitely try do get a Jamai with a decent job, preferably a govt. job. But alas, Govt employees are hard to find, nowadays. "What to do?" That’s what is called compromise..."Even corporate jobs are ok, preferably MNC"

And then you have a good job with an MNC, on top of it, a handsome salary. Any logical conclusion will lead to the statement that "My independence is endangered." As grapes are always sour, I considered marriage to be like losing freedom.
But then I realised I was going too fast.... I discovered that even in such a situation, your potential "Father-in-Law" or "Mother-in-Law" will notice the 8 kg leather bag which you carry all the time to do your job which is nothing but making a belief shift in doctor's mind and help them understand that your product is always better than the competitors. And then the question comes-

"What do you do beta? Are you working or you are Medical representative???

"I am a Medical Representative. Oh, sorry, not a rep, ehh... I am... a "Territory Business Manager", working for a big MNC."If you get away with this, you are lucky. But if they are aware of the corporate cultures then you might be asked "Beta, Do you meet doctors everyday? And then you are caught.
But guy... be positive.... "We will get our girl"... Even we will get married one day... Haven't you seen... so many girls joining this field. Things are changing guys...Now that you know your potential customers... Let’s make another Belief Shift...Good Luck.....

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well.. Since its his first blog I got to say something nice too.. Think of the pressure I am in ..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheer up :-) :-) Look at the positive side..

    End of the day, you do have a well established job .. the 8 Kg Leather bag got a Lapy inside .. And you will get married someday (even though I honestly can't see what's thr to be happy abt this last one)..

    ReplyDelete
  4. A confession.. I was forced to give my comments over here.. by you know who.. And so plz .. Plz ignore whatever I say..

    ReplyDelete